Wednesday, July 20, 2016

"W" (2016) First Episode Reaction

"W" (2016)
Only one phrase can describe the feeling I got after watching the first episode of W and that is Complete Mind Blown! I honestly wasn't expecting much but before I go into details let's recap what the story is about -so far.



W is a story about Kang Chul (Lee Jong Suk), a webtoon character that sets out to serach for the murderer of his family. The writer of the webtoon has decided to kill off Kang Chul, but somehow he is saved by surgeon resident doctor Oh Yeon Joo (Han Hyo Joo) from another dimension, and who turns out to be the daughter of the writer. 

The amount of tension, suspense, twist and acting in this first episode was juicy and excellent. I couldn't wrap my head around how good the graphics looked and how ridiculous yet unique the story line is. I wasn’t sold on Han Hyo Joo's performance but it wasn't completely off -I guess I'll grow into it?! I hope. On the other hand, this drama served as a reminder of why I love Lee Jong Suk so much. That man can even play the role of a cartoon character so perfectly well. I am intrigued as to how was she able to tele transport to the other dimension and leave the dimension -which was more confusing than how she went in. Also, for some reason I felt the character of Park Soo Bong (Lee Si Un) had something to do with it, but then again maybe that's just me being paranoid. 

I'll be expecting Kang Chul to obviously fall for Yeon Joo, and a change in his character. My head is running wild but I think it's too early to start pointing fingers since we bare know the rest of the characters IN BOTH dimensions. I will not be doing a reaction or review of the second episode, instead I'll wait for it to finish and see. 


I really hope this drama does well because I can tell it has a lot of potential. The rest is on the pace, plot twist, and chemistry. I'm also wishing fall all main questions to be answered like Who was the Killer? How did she transport herself to the webtoon? Why does the writer want to kill Kang Chul's character? Wil they end up together and how? Can he transport to her world? Can more than one person transport to that other world or is it only her? I'll be waiting for these questions to be answered and for the story to have the least amount of clichés -is that too much to hope for?!

My rating for this drama is: Unknown! so far

No comments:

Post a Comment